Domestic abuse - the scale of the challenge
- One in four women and one in six men suffer from domestic abuse in their lifetime
- 75% of those experiencing domestic abuse are targeted at work
- 86% of HR leads agree that employers have a duty of care to provide support for employees
- Yet only 5% of organisations have a specific policy or guidelines on the issue
- The cost of domestic abuse to business is estimated at £1.9 billion a year due to decreased productivity, time off work, lost wages and sick pay
- 54% of employers said that it caused the quality of employees work to suffer and 56% said it led to absenteeism
The aims of the workshop
• To understand what domestic abuse is
• Uncover surrounding myths.
• Duty of care and a legal responsibility of employers
• Practical actions and calls to action
What the workshop will involve
The day will involve a discussion around the scale of the issue, followed by an understanding of what domestic abuse is. There will also be a look at what the duty of care and legal responsibilities are for employers, as well as practical actions that can be taken.
Tea and coffee will be served.
How to book
Book your place by contacting email@example.com
Full venue details will be provided on booking.