Executive Summary / Introduction
- The gender pay gap for benchmarking organisations is 16.6%.
- One in five organisations has never conducted an equal pay audit (for gender).
- Three in five organisations currently carry out pay audits (for gender).
- The gender pay gap for private sector organisations (18.7%) is higher than the gender pay gap in public sector organisations (10.3%).
- Less than half of organisations (44%) regularly monitor starting salaries for gender bias.
Opportunity Now members sign/in register to access the indepth analysis.
Whilst the average gender pay gap for benchmarking organisations is below the national figure of 19.1%, there is a stark difference between the private and public sectors. The gender pay gap in the private sector is far closer to the national figure.